Runner’s World Complete Book of Women’s Running is designed specifically to address the unique challenges and rewards the sport presents to the fastest growing segment of the market—women runners.
More than 10 million women across the country now identify themselves as regular runners. In response to the dramatic increase in the number of women in the sport, Dagny Scott Barrios and the experts at Runner’s World have created this singular guide, where women will discover how to:
• train for any race, from a 5K to a marathon
• eat nutritiously and for maximum energy
• lose weight permanently
• deal with self-consciousness and body image
• run during pregnancy and through menopause
• choose the best clothes and accessories
• run anywhere safely
• prevent and treat injuries, especially those that women are most likely to encounter
With clear photographs, running sidebars, and testimonials from women runners of all ages and abilities, this comprehensive resource provides the most current practical advice available anywhere for women runners of all levels.